Aug 8, 2017

August Beautiful People!


10928109_595959117172101_1450331761_n


Hello again, Book Bloggians! 😊

I was planning to post on Saturday, put my blog needed a serious makeover, and so I needed to figure that out first so I didn't have time to post anything. 😞 I hope you like my new design, though! It's not too different, but I definitely like it a lot more, though I need to find a way to add maybe a little more color, I think.

I also changed the title of my blog, but only slightly. Don't worry, the URL is still the same, but I thought it was a good idea to change it to The Frozen Book Blog so the wording makes a little more sense but it's also not too drastic of a change. 😊


My schedule is about to get pretty crazy with my cousin's wedding coming up and trying to get ready to go back to college after 8 months. 😱 So, I'm not sure that my posts will be very consistent in the next few weeks, but I promise I will do my best! 😊 

Anyway, let's get down to business! To defeat the huns...hua! Okay, I'm sorry, but if you come to my blog you're going to find some Disney references, I can't help it!😜


Cait and Sky are back with another Beautiful People! So obviously I had to drop everything and answer these awesome questions! 😄

This month we are back to answering questions about our WIP characters, so I decided this time to write about 14-year-old Denver Mattson. Here's a picture I found on Pinterest of what I thought she would look like:

 


Denver is going to be a main character in a series I want to write about different families who take in foreign exchange students, and all of their adventures with that...and there may be a book club involved. 😜 I haven't really started working on the plot yet, but I have had a lot of fun lately building my characters, and Denver is definitely one of my favorites! 

  
What are they addicted to/can’t live without? 

BOOKS.


Name 3 positive and 3 negative qualities about your character. 

Positive:
1. Very creative.
2. Very organized.
3. A great friend.

Negative:
1. Low self esteem.
2. Soft spoken.
3. Perfectionist.


 
Are they holding onto something they should get rid of? 

I don't know, maybe like some old stuffed animals or something like that?

 
If 10 is completely organized and 1 is completely messy, where do they fall on the scale? 

Well I picked this image for her bedroom so...definitely a 10. 😂

 
 

What most frustrates them about the world they live in? 

Extroverts. 😆



How would they dress for a night out? How would they dress for a night in? 

She doesn't really like to have "nights out" very often, but I picked this outfit for if her parents drag her to a neighbor's Christmas party or something like that. (And I think I got all of the pics from Pinterest, I can't remember, they've been in my iPhoto for a while.)



And for a night in, she'd probably watch movies or read her books in pajamas like these: 😊

 


How many shoes do they own, and what kind? 

One pair of flip flops, five pairs of flats, and two pairs of boots.


Do they have any pets? What pet do they WISH they had? 

She has a Norwegian Forest cat named Juno, and she's pretty happy with her, so I don't think she would wish for any other pets.

 


Is there something or someone that they resent? Why and what happened? 

I can't think of anything she would resent anyone for, but she really doesn't like being embarrassed or put in the spotlight in front of a group, and she can get really upset at her mom or best friend, Anna-Faye, when they sometimes do that, but they mean well!

 
What’s usually in their fridge or pantry?

I don't know, whatever her mom got at the grocery store? 😆 Denver's favorite food is anything with Alfredo sauce, so they probably would have stocked up with jars of it in their pantry. 😋



Do you like my new blog layout? What's your favorite Disney movie? Who is your favorite character that you've written? What is the best book you've read this summer? I want to know! 😄


All credit goes to the authors of the images.
Freepik/Canva:
What Do You Think?:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/winter-background-design_994864.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>
Links/Questions:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/soft-background-with-a-cute-blue-watercolor-stain_1064674.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>

Title Header:
https://www.canva.com/ 
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/independence-day-banners-with-watercolor-shapes_1121363.htm">Designed by Freepik</a> 

Gifs:
https://giphy.com/ 

Cat:
https://www.google.com/search?q=black+and+white+norwegian+forest+cat&sa=X&tbm=isch&imgil=1GxJVSgoM7-HrM%253A%253Bthrve2i_68XbGM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fen.wikipedia.org%25252Fwiki%25252FNorwegian_Forest_cat&source=iu&pf=m&fir=1GxJVSgoM7-HrM%253A%252Cthrve2i_68XbGM%252C_&usg=__-CWeZ2IFB0Ews37AxmSUynsd0Io%3D&biw=1438&bih=712&ved=0ahUKEwi0xcitw8nVAhUDS2MKHT9kDVoQyjcINQ&ei=6auKWfSsOIOWjQO_yLXQBQ#imgrc=1GxJVSgoM7-HrM: 

Denver/bedroom/clothes:
https://www.pinterest.com/

Cait's Blog:
 http://paperfury.com/beautiful-people-26-author-writing-process/
Sky's Blog: 
http://www.furtherupfurtherin.net/2017/07/beautiful-people-july-edition-about.html

8 comments:

  1. I like her, extroverts frustrate me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather @ The Frozen Book BlogAugust 9, 2017 at 6:49 PM

      Haha thanks! They frustrate me too. :P

      Delete
  2. I never saw your old blog design, but this one is cool!
    Yay for the Mulan reference! I reference Disney movies ALL the TIME. My favorite animated Disney movie is probably Beauty and the Beast, but it is hard to decide!
    I like this character! She sounds like a sweet person. And I love her cat!
    The best book I read this summer was probably A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I need to give Connor a hug!
    My favorite character that I've ever written is maybe Zindor from the fantasy novel I am currently working on, but it's hard to decide. I did Beautiful People on him this month!

    https://thestorysponge.wordpress.com/2017/08/07/beautiful-people-27clearly-i-know-my-character-like-i-know-the-back-of-my-hand/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather @ The Frozen Book BlogAugust 9, 2017 at 6:58 PM

    Thank you so much! :D
    My favorite movie is probably Frozen. Haha. ;)
    A book I really loved that I read this summer was The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson. Hopefully I can do a full review on it soon if I have time. :)
    I loved reading about your character on your blog! Greaat post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your question headers. Maybe I should start using more images. You pick such pretty ones. :) Denver sounds like a nice girl who I'd get along well with. We're both addicted to books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather @ The Frozen Book BlogAugust 12, 2017 at 5:55 PM

      Awe, thanks! I haven't been blogging for long, and I don't have a lot of resources right now, so I'm so glad you like them! :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Heather @ The Frozen Book BlogAugust 24, 2017 at 8:35 PM

      Thanks! I'm glad you like them. :)

      Delete