Jul 25, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday-Classics I Want to Read


Hey guys! Today I’m doing another Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish! This is another old category I decided to do since they are on hiatus. 😒
Anyway, this is a list of classics that I haven’t read yet that I thought I might want to scratch off my list in the future.πŸ˜€


Jane Eyre


Jane Eyre by Charlotte BrontΓ«



I’ve said before, basically the only reason I want to read this is because the characters in one of my favorite series, The Mother-Daughter Book Club Series, read this book in their book club and really loved it. 😳 So, Emma Hawthorne, this is for you!😜


Black Beauty


Black Beauty by Anna Sewell



I think I saw the movie when I was little, but I barely remember it, so I thought: why not read the book now?


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass


Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll



I love all the different movies, so again, why not go back to the original and finally actually read it?


The Secret Garden


The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett



I never got around to reading this when I was little, so like all the other books on this list, why not read it now?


A Little Princess


A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett



Again, another one I never got around to reading in my childhood.


The Snow Queen


The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson



I love Frozen, obviously, so I thought it would be cool to read the original story. (Haha. Cool. See what I did there? …sorry.😳) Plus there are a couple of Snow Queen retelling on my TBR, so I should probably wait to read those until I read the original, right?


Fahrenheit 451


Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury



I don’t think I’ve ever read a classic that was dystopian before. But it’s about books so…sign me up!😊


Treasure Island


Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson



Again, another one I hadn’t got around to when I was little.


Emma


Emma by Jane Austen


Persuasion

Persuasion by Jane Austen



I figured if I liked Jane Eyre I might like these?


       What are your favorite classics? Which ones do you want to read? Any suggestions?  


All credit goes to the authors of the images.
Freepik/Canva:
What Do You Think?:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/winter-background-design_994864.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>
Links:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/soft-background-with-a-cute-blue-watercolor-stain_1064674.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>

Title Header:
https://www.canva.com/ 
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/independence-day-banners-with-watercolor-shapes_1121363.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>

Top Ten Tuesday: 
http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these *shame*. But I really need to read Farenheit 451 and Jane Eyre especially. Great list!
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm planning on reading Jane Eyre later this summer or this fall. :)

      Delete