Jul 14, 2017

July Beautiful People!

PAPERFURY

Hey Book Bloggians! I’m sorry for that random mini hiatus I was on for the past week, but I had issues with my email so I couldn’t log onto Blogger. 😒 But it’s all fixed now! (Yay!) πŸ˜„And I decided to post a day early to make up for the days I missed and also starting at midnight tonight, I decided to participate in the BookTuber, Zoe @ ReadbyZoe’s, 24 hour readathon that she is hosting on twitter tomorrow, so I'll be busy reading! πŸ˜ƒ I thought this was a good idea for me to do, because I desperately need to focus on catching up on my Goodreads goal, since I am so behind. My goal by the end tomorrow is to finish at least three books, and hopefully be on track by the end of July. πŸ˜“ If you haven’t noticed in my left sidebar, I changed my Goodreads goal from 40 books to 35, so now I’m only 11 books behind instead of like…14. Ha. 😳


Anyway, on to Beautiful People!

(If you don’t know already, this is a writing blog meme hosted by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In.πŸ˜‰)



This month, instead of answering questions about one of my characters, this month’s theme is all about me, the author!😊

    
How do you decide which project to work on?



I don’t know, I work on whatever I think needs my attention the most. Mostly what I feel like working on, what is closest to being done, or what message I want to tell the most. Yeah, it’s not very organized.πŸ˜†

     
How long does it usually take you to finish a project?



YEARS. Seriously, the original seeds of ideas of most of my current projects originated when I was still in middle school. Ugh, it really doesn’t seem like it was that long ago, but dang, I need to get disciplined! I am an adult now. I want to turn this into a career. 😱Luckily I will be taking my first official creative writing class this fall, so hopefully I will learn some new skills I need to help me actually make progress.πŸ˜†


     
      Do you have any routines to put you in the writing mood?


I wish I did.πŸ˜•


What time of day do you write best?



I don’t know, I think early afternoon I tend to feel a little more creative…but sadly I come up with my best ideas at the most inconvenient times. Like when I’m trying to do homework or get to sleep at 1am when I have to get up early. πŸ˜‘


  insomnia GIF

Are there any authors you think you have a similar style to?



I have the boxed set of the Divergent books, and it came with a little booklet with behind the scenes stuff and an interview with Veronica Roth. It talked about her writing process, and how she brainstormed and stuff. I was surprised to find out that I actually do a lot of the same things she does. I thought I did my writing process in a weird way, so I guess it was cool to see that I had a similar style to an already famous author.😊




Why did you start writing, and why do you keep writing?



I don’t really know why I started writing; I guess I was kind of born a writer. 😊 I keep writing because I have so many ideas and I want to share them with the world and inspire other young writers just starting out like me. Also I don’t know what I would do with my life if I didn’t write…so there’s that.πŸ˜†



What’s the hardest thing you’ve written?



I don’t know, there is a story I have had in my head literally 24/7 for like five years now, but I’m a little scared to write it since the main character is so closely based on me, and so it’s pretty personal. But, I really do want to publish it someday but I’m not sure when or how. Also, currently for Camp Nano I’m trying to write a Snow White retelling short story for a contest and I am definitely struggling because A) I’ve never written fantasy, B) I barely have any experience with short stories, and C) I’ve never written a retelling either and I’ve only read a retelling like once…maybe. 😳 Also there’s the pressure of making it good enough to enter into the contest. Good thing I have until December to work on it because this is another reason I really need to take creative writing this fall. I need HELP. πŸ˜‚


 dog space confused zero gravity i have no idea what im doing GIF


Is there a project you want to tackle someday but you don’t feel ready yet?



I definitely have a bunch of ideas for a fantasy series, but I don’t know how to make them connect. The only fantasy I’ve read was all middle grade and that was years ago. I really need to read some YA fantasy to get some ideas. I’ve tried world building with what very vague resources I have at the moment, and it’s too overwhelming. 😱 I have thousands of pictures for inspiration on my Pinterest board, but now the problem is I have no idea what do do with them.πŸ˜‚



What writing goals did you make for 2017 and how are they going?



Ugh, I don’t even remember. 😞 I think I was planning to actually succeed at both Camp Nanowrimos this year and do the real one in November and have three whole first drafts done, but that obviously is not going to happen. πŸ˜‚ And now I’m more focused on blogging and catching up on reading during the summer. When I’m back in school, I’ll probably (hopefully) be doing a little more writing.



Describe your writing process in three words or a gif.



How about three words and a gif? πŸ˜‚



"RESEARCH" DISGUISED as "LAZINESS"

......but really it's just

 share discover procrastination GIF


Do you struggle with procrastination? How is Camp Nano going for you? Feel free to check out Cait's original post. (I left the link below) You will find a list of other bloggers participating in Beautiful People, and if you want to do it, you can add yourself too! 😊


All credit goes to the authors of the images.
Freepik/Canva:
What Do You Think?:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/winter-background-design_994864.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>
Links/Questions:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/soft-background-with-a-cute-blue-watercolor-stain_1064674.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>

Title Header:
https://www.canva.com/ 
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/independence-day-banners-with-watercolor-shapes_1121363.htm">Designed by Freepik</a> 

Gifs:
https://giphy.com/

Cait's Blog:
 http://paperfury.com/beautiful-people-26-author-writing-process/
Sky's Blog: 
http://www.furtherupfurtherin.net/2017/07/beautiful-people-july-edition-about.html

No comments:

Post a Comment