Jul 22, 2017

Book Spine Poetry


Hey Book Bloggians! Today I am doing something I have wanted to try for a while now...book spine poetry! I saw it around the internet and I thought it would be fun to try on my blog! 
If you don't know what book spine poetry is, it's pretty self-explanatory. 😊 You take all of your books that you have and arrange them so that you can find phrases in the titles and create poems out of them! I thought it was really creative, so I thought I'd give it a try, though I don't have a very wide selection of books with me right now, so my "poems" probably won't be the best. πŸ˜‚ 
Plus, another reason I wanted to do this post today was because this weekend I am participating in the "24 in 48" readathon where you try to read for a total of 24 hours within 48 hours. Also, I completely forgot BookTube-A-Thon starts next week on Monday, and I wanted to try to do the reading challenges during that. And BookTube-A-Thon starts right at the time 24 in 48 ends, so I'm literally going to be doing two readathons back-to-back and I'm going to be reading for 9 days straight! 😰Hey, I need all the help I can get to get caught up on my TBR before the end of the summer! πŸ˜† So, as you can imagine, since I'll be pretty busy reading, I won't have a lot of time for blogging, so that's why my next three posts will be pretty short and sweet. 😊
Anyway, on to the poems!

(I'll post the pics of the books first, then I'll write down what the poems are supposed to be underneath them, since they might not make a lot of sense. As I said, this is my first time attempting this, so they won't be the best. 😜 Also, I don't know a lot about poetry, so please forgive me if my formatting isn't entirely accurate. 😟 Also, sorry for the quality of the pictures, I don't have a fancy camera! πŸ˜† Also, I'm sorry if some of these poems sounds morbid and depressing, these titles are just what I had to work with! πŸ˜‚) 


                                                             In a whole new world,
                                                          The wicked will rise.
                                                                Redeemed,
                                                           in snow like ashes.


                                                             A life in motion,
                                                                 shattered.
                                                                Before I fall,
                                                             I am redeemed. 


                                                      Among snow like ashes,
                                                 The wicked will rise like talons.
                                                  A whole new world, vanished. 


                                                       The allegiant, shattered.
                                             The mark of the dragonfly, redeemed. 

(Idk what this one means, I just like it because it kinda sounds like a coded conversation in a spy movie or something.πŸ˜‚) 


                                                             Snow like ashes, 
                                                                   vanished.
                                                           A whole new world, 
                                                                  redeemed. 

                    Well, that's it for my poems! What did you think? Have you tried this    
                    before? If you have, send me the link to yours! I'd love to see them! 😊


All credit goes to the authors of the images.
Freepik/Canva:
What Do You Think?:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/winter-background-design_994864.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>
Links:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/soft-background-with-a-cute-blue-watercolor-stain_1064674.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>

Title Header:
https://www.canva.com/ 
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/independence-day-banners-with-watercolor-shapes_1121363.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment