Jun 20, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday-Series I’ve Been Meaning to Get To


Hey fellow book lovers! 😊


Today I am doing The Broke and the Bookish’ Top Ten Tuesday: Series I’ve Been Meaning to Start but Haven’t…which in my case is like…pretty much all the series of ever.πŸ˜‚



1.    Rebel Belle Trilogy by Rachel Hawkins


Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1)


I’ve had this first book on my shelf for like, three years now, and I still haven’t gotten around to it! Ugh.



2.    The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann


The Unwanteds (Unwanteds, #1)


This is a middle grade fantasy series that basically sounds like a magical Hunger Games. I think I first found it at my school library I was working at in 2014, but I still haven’t been able to get around to the first book yet!😩



3.    The Firebird Trilogy by Claudia Gray


A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)


This series looks soooo good and I’ve heard sooo many good things about it and the cover is soooo pretty and I just need to get my act together and read it.



4.     The Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)


This has been on my TBR for a while, and I wasn’t sure about reading it because I thought it would be too creepy for me to handle, or way too romancy as the cover sort of implies, but one of my friends read the whole series and she said it wasn’t as creepy as she expected and the romance was obviously there, but in her opinion it didn’t take up too much of the plot, which is nice. She also said the writing and the suspense and cliff hangers and everything was so amazing and overall she really loved it, so that makes me want to finally pick it up eventually.



5.    The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)


I’ve heard really good this about this one too, but I’m reading The 5th Wave right now, and if this is anything like The 5th Wave, it might be years before I read it because The 5th Wave is kinda freaking me out.



6.    The Gold Seer Trilogy by Rae Carson


Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)


I’m a little skeptical about this one, because I usually don’t really like historical fiction set in this time period this much, but the supernatural element mixed with it sounds so cool and the cover is gorgeous btw.



7.    An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir


An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)


I know this book is popular, but I’ve also heard it’s kinda scary, so I’m a little apprehensive that I won’t like it. I’ll probably get to it sometime eventually though.



8.    Passenger by Alexandra Bracken


Passenger (Passenger, #1)


This is just one of those ones where it sounded interesting, but I ended up putting other books first. Oops. 😜



9.    The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye


The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1)


This sounds awesome but I have so many other books to read and I don’t even have a copy of this yet! (Or any of these books for that matter)😩



10. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas


Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)


Everyone talks about Sarah J. Maas books, but honestly I really don’t know if they’re for me. I haven’t read any yet, and I had Throne of Glass on my TBR before, but then I took it off because I really wasn’t sure if I was ever going to read it, but then I decided to put it back on recently because I have over 1,000 books on my TBR now anyway so it doesn’t really matter and everybody really loves Sarah J. Maas’ writing, so I’m curious enough to see what all the hype is about. I figured if I am going to read any of her books though, I would much rather read this series than ACOTAR because I’m not into the whole fae stuff and I’ve heard it’s really overly sexy and should be adult not YA and that would annoy me so much. It’ll probably be a while before I can get around to any of her books though.



Well, that’s it for today’s Top Ten Tuesday post! I hope you enjoyed!




What series have you been planning to read forever? What series have you finished? Which of these series do you think is most important for me to read first? Let me know in the comments!



Freepik: All credit goes to the authors of the images.
what do you think?
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/winter-background-design_994864.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>
title header:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-photo/blue-background-watercolors-christmas_970786.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>
links:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/soft-background-with-a-cute-blue-watercolor-stain_1064674.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>

Top Ten Tuesday:
http://www.brokeandbookish.com/

7 comments:

  1. I ADORE the Rebel Belle series. It wouldn't normally be my sort of thing, but I loved it so much. You should totally read it, I hope you love it! <3
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I actually just remembered I do have a copy of Rebel Belle and A Thousand Pieces of You so hopefully I will get to read those sooner than the others! :D

      Delete
  2. I liked both Throne of Glass and The Crown's Game, so I hope you do too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-112/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really keen to read a few of these too including Illuminae, heard lots of good things about it! Actually I just read Throne of Glass and I'm on the sequel, there's no sex until the second book and it's very modest, just a 'dot dot dot...!' and no description or detail. It's definitely very YA. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really keen to read a few of these too including Illuminae, heard lots of good things about it! Actually I just read Throne of Glass and I'm on the sequel, there's no sex until the second book and it's very modest, just a 'dot dot dot...!' and no description or detail. It's definitely very YA. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, because I have pretty much the opposite of ACOTAR. :P

      Delete